Sometimes the DJI Osmo Mobile just stops working as it was intended to do or we messed something up big time. That’s the time where resetting the device to facory defaults may come in handy, at least it came for me a couple of times. It only takes a few steps to reset your DJI Osmo Mobile, but make sure to keep a lot of your fingers ready.
As usual, we need to disclaim that resetting your device may brick it and make it unusable if you do it wrongly or if there are other issues at play. So, please proceed with caution and perhaps leave a comment below if you encounter any question. But without further ado, let’s go into the troubleshooting process.
- Firstly, make sure the device is powered on. If that’s not the case, please turn on your DJI Osmo Mobile.
- Once your DJI Osmo Mobile has booted, hold down the buttons for the shutter release at the front and the back. Don’t release the keys yet, keep them pressed until adviced otherwise.
- In addition to those two keys you now need to push the power slider downwards and hold it in place.
- After a while the green power light should start blinking randomly.
- The, after a few more short moments, the device should reboot by itself. You are now allowed to release the keys and wait for the device to boot back up.
- Once that’s done your Osmo Mobile should be back to it’s factory settings.
If that’s not the case, perhaps try to go through the procedure again. If your DJI is still not working you may leave a comment below, but I have to admit that I sold mine quite a while ago. But I’m always happy to help. Perhaps you might also want to check out the official DJI forums. They have subforums for all kinds of their products and therefore even one for our beloved DJI Osmo Mobile. If you want to take a look, you can can find the forum here: DJI Osmo Mobile official forum. Best of luck! 🙂